The Calculus EIS Fund is now open for subscription, with the following close dates:
- Friday 24 April 2020
- Friday 26 June 2020
- Friday 30 October 2020
- Friday 29 January 2021
Please note that old application forms cannot be accepted.
Why Calculus EIS?
The Calculus EIS Fund benefits from the generous tax incentives currently offered by the Government for investment into smaller UK companies as part of the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS). By investing with Calculus, we will invest monies in such companies on your behalf. There is continued governmental support of EIS as a strategy for growth for small private companies – arguably the backbone of the UK economy.
Under current legislation the Calculus Capital EIS Fund entitles Investors to five generous tax incentives *:
- Income tax relief at 30%, which can be taken in the tax year the Fund makes its investments or carried back to the previous tax year
- Tax free capital gains on investments within the Fund
- Full inheritance tax relief provided the investments have been held for two years and are held at the time of death
- Full capital gains tax (CGT) deferral of tax due on other capital gains for the life of the investment
- Loss relief which can be taken as a deduction against income or as a capital loss and can give total tax relief up to 61.5% for the tax year the loss occurred or the preceding year
* The information given above provides only a summary of the tax benefits. The rates shown are based on current UK legislation which could change in the future, possibly retrospectively. These tax benefits depend on individual circumstances. If you are unsure of your tax situation you should seek professional advice from a qualified tax adviser. Tax rules and regulations can be subject to change.
Investment growth with managed risk through:
- Building a diversified portfolio of 6-10 primarily more established companies selling successful products or services
- Targeting companies with proven management teams, profits or a clear path to profitability and ability to meet target IRR of 20%
- Investing in developed companies so failure rates are lower and time to exit is shorter
To see examples of our existing investments click here.
Calculus EIS Fund is not an unregulated collective investment scheme (UCIS)
As the creators of the UK’s first approved EIS Fund back in 1999, we have a great deal of EIS knowledge and experience here at Calculus Capital. Through our EIS Education Services, we offer a series of guides on EIS investing and information on the tax benefits available. The document below is suitable for anyone who is new to EIS, or simply wants to learn more – be it a financial adviser or an investor.
Should you have any questions regarding EIS, our EIS Education Services team would be delighted to help. Please get in touch: 020 7493 4940 [email protected]
Find out more
We would be delighted to answer any queries you have, please contact the Investor Relations team on 020 7493 4940.