While the global pandemic continues to affect our everyday lives, it is important to adapt quickly to a fast changing environment. Several of our portfolio companies have rapidly pivoted to play their part in the fight against COVID-19, and we would like to highlight their efforts below.
- A medical diagnostics firm Omega Diagnostics has CE-Marked Mologic’s first generation ELISA antibody test for Covid-19 to be used on patient samples sent by hospitals or GPs.
- The CE-Mark follows successful independent validation of the test by the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and St George’s, University of London. The clinical performance of the test showed a 99% sensitivity and 98% specificity result. The test has also been submitted to Public Health England for formal validation. Read more
- As the global spread of COVID-19 infection increases, it is likely that a variety of diagnostic tools will be needed for direct clinical care via specialist laboratories, central hospital labs and in the community.
- Genedrive will deliver clinically verified, consistent and reproducible assays that are easy to use and can be manufactured and delivered globally in high volume.
- Genedrive entered into an agreement with Cytiva (formerly GE Healthcare Life Sciences) for the development of its Genedrive® 96 SARS-CoV2 assay for use on lab-based PCR instruments. Read more